Lionel Davis, Sr., was born September 17, 1955 in New Orleans, Louisiana to Mrs. Octavia Cojoe Davis and the late Mr. Theodore Joseph Davis, Sr.
In 1976, Rev. Davis accepted Jesus Christ as his personal Savior and was baptized at the Pentecost Baptist Church under the Rev. Charles B. Winslow, Jr. He served faithfully in many capacities in the church, in the Youth and Sanctuary Choirs, the Usher Department, the Deacon Board, as well as being a church musician. In 1987 he began to teach Sunday School. He was appointed Superintendent of Sunday School and served in this capacity for fourteen years.
In 1995, he accepted the call to preach the gospel and enrolled in extensive Seminary training. He received an Associate Degree in Christian Education.
January 28, 1996 he was licensed to preach by the late Rev. Charles B. Winslow, Jr.
September 18, 1997 he was ordained by the First District Missionary Baptist Association.
January 2000, Rev. Davis was appointed and elected as the assistant pastor of the Pentecost Baptist Church. In this year he received a Bachelor of Theology from the Union Baptist College and Theological Seminary.
Reverend Davis is also affiliaed with the following:
- President, Trustee Board—Union Baptist College
- Secretary for the 1st District Missionary Baptist Association
- Executive Board Member—1st District Missionary Baptist Association
- Member, Churches in Unity—Gentilly Neighborhoods
- Advisory Member, Dillard University Community Cancer Research
- Spearheaded construction employment opportunities in the Pilotland community, through continuous meetings with City official and prime contractors.
- Instrumental in negotiating health care services for residents in Gentilly with Excelth Primary Health Clinic
- Lead community efforts to address housing blight and further the effort of economic development in Pilotland.
Reverend Lionel Davis, Sr.
Pentecost Baptist Church